Many people contributed in direct and indirect way in the development of silpa. This page attempts to list their names.
- Baiju. M, Swathanthra Malayalam Computing for his mlsplit program for using it as a base for syllabalizer for many languages.
- Laxminarayan Kamath for testing and feature suggestions.
- Rajeesh Nambiar and Nishan Naseer of SMC for their contributions for Font converter.
- Guess Language module is based on the python implementation by Kent S Johnson of guesslanguage.cpp by Jacob R Rideout for KDE which itself is based on Language::Guess by Maciej Ceglowski.
- Spellcheck dictionaries for many languages are contributed by hunspell dictionaries maintained by language communities.
- The python based spellchecker is a highly customized version of basic python spellchecker by Peter Norvig.
- The python implementation of tex hyphenation algorithm is by Wilbert Berendsen, and it is based on Text::Hyphen of Ruby.
- The sort module uses Python UCA implementation The thirukkural quotes collection for Random Quote module is by Manvendra Bhangui and the original text is taken from Shakthi Kannan’s collection.
- The chanakya quotes is from Chanakya Niti website and prepared by Girish Venkatachalam.
- The fontmap of ASCII Tamil font, Valluvar for encoding converter was contributed by Kevin.
- Shantanu Oak for Rs 10K donation to meet expenses of project development (March 1, 2011)
- Netdotnet.com sponsors our server! Silpa Project thanks netdotnet.com for sponsoring server for silpa.smc.org.in instance.
- SILPA Mirror instances Silpa is mirrored in the following addresses.
- Santhosh Thottingal runs a mirror instance at http://thottingal.in/silpa
- Ashik Salahudeen runs a mirror instance at http://aashiks.in/silpa